Sunday, June 12, 2011

F-Se! Lorraine Shemesh - Imortalizar o Simples, nos Pequenos Prazeres.


















 Detalhe 













 Sugestão:  Intercepções, tema a explorar.



Interview with Lorraine Shemesh: (...) The potential for visual magic , for me, lies in the union of the two. I'm interested in a lot of the concerns of the Abstract Expressionists. I like the spontaneous nature of a certain kind of mark making and the challenge of marrying that to the figure. Combining the two has the potential to fortify the painting. I try to balance intuition with preparation. Developing the form with various paint viscosities makes one see differently. You're transforming the object, so I think about it as a kind of synthesis.
... Scale is important to me because when I work large I feel as if I'm entering the world I'm creating. It's transporting. I'm not a wrist painter. I don't hold the brush the way I hold a pen if I'm writing a letter. I like to use my whole arm when I work. I like to stand, or put the canvas on the floor. Painting is very much a physical activity for me. (...)


F-Se! Mergulhemos!